UnitCAD for Inventor
Define and execute UnitCAD rules from within your Inventor environment
UnitCAD for Inventor installs as a plug-in inside Inventor and can be invoked via the Ribbon bar.
UnitCAD has a full featured user interface inside of Inventor that can be used to define rules and execute them either in test mode or for a particular customer work order.
- Associate existing part (*.ipt) and assembly (*.iam) files with UnitCAD components
- Map model parameters to component local parameters
- Select faces and edges in Inventor model and give it a user-defined name
- Use this name while defining constraint rules
- Call any of the base component in a parent component with a variable quantity defined in terms of parameters
UnitCAD allows action rule definition for creation of geometrical constraints in the resulting Inventor model.
Following actions are available:
Mate, Flush, Angle
- Mate or Flush two entities with an offset distance or angle
- Apply insert aligned or opposite constraints
- Change active member of an iPart
Create AutoCAD geometry on the fly
- Each component definition results into an AutoCAD block
- Nested components will result into nested AutoCAD blocks
- Create geometry on the fly with "Test component" feature – UnitCAD will instantaneously create geometry in the AutoCAD window as per defined rules
Examine the UnitCAD run log
- Each run generated a run log which is detailed output of what parameters were calculated and what values were obtained
- Any error information and suggestions are also output leading to rich iterative workflow.