Next generation cloud based file storage system designed for the engineering office enabling control with collaboration.
FileMinister enables you to:
- Connect your LAN fileystem to cloud
- Setup sync for designated machines and users
- Define security for files and folders
- Maintain versions and backups of your files
- Auto and manual checkout / checkin
- Manage conflicts
Traditional cloud based file providers are good but build with individual users' need in mind. Engineering office admins face a dilemma on whether to stay with their current file systems or choose a cloud provider and lose control. FileMinister is built for engineering offices and puts security first.
Local filesystem shall be displayed in treeview and listview with proper icons, sync status and standard explorer functionality.
- Agentid, secret key and cloud user account
- For each share defined under agent, we shall define the local folder and the windows account to access this folder.
- Check-in / checkout / file opened by status
- Version History: Display List and allow save as
- Manual Checkout and Checkin.
- Metadata for file/folder
- File/folder CRUD: from either within the UI or from Windows Explorer.
- From the UI, it shall be possible to drag/drop a file/folder into the UI and the same shall be treated as addition of file/folder and synced.
- Search: File / folder name/metadata.
- Permission view and edit
- Conflict resolution.
- Version History: Manual relink, delink and remove versions for file.
- Manual remove versions for folder as per date based or wildcard based criteria.
- Each share/folder/file can have “allow” and “deny” permissions of following type: read, write, edit metadata, assigned to one or more users or groups. Share will also have “admin” permission type.
- A user who does not have read permission on a share/folder/file shall not be able to “see” the share/folder/file in the UI.
- The permissions applied will be additive – ie parent permission will be automatically applied to children in the tree.
- Cloud view of the file system with basic navigation
- View current status (checkin/checkout), metadata and history of any file
- Search: File/folder name/metadata
- New file upload through button and drag/drop
- Provision to add items in context menu based on file extension