FormulaCAD for AutoCAD
Define and execute FormulaCAD rules from within your AutoCAD environment
FormulaCAD for AutoCAD installs as a plug-in inside AutoCAD and can be invoked via the Ribbon bar or command line.
FormulaCAD has a full featured user interface inside of AutoCAD that can be used to define rules and execute them either in test mode or for a particular customer work order.
- FormulaCAD defines all AutoCAD entities as base components that can be called in any parent component
Most AutoCAD Entities are available
- Line, Polyline, Rectangle, etc
- Circle, Ellipse, Arc, etc
- Box, Cone, Cylinder, Sphere
- Text, Multiline Text
- Leader, TextLeader
- Each entity has multiple ways of definition
- For example, Rectangle can be defined using point + length + width or point1 + point2
- Multiple entity definition feature resembles the facility provided by Autodesk user interface
- Existing blocks can be associated with a FormulaCAD component and called by geometry creation rules.
Geometry Manipulation Actions
FormulaCAD allows rule definition for manipulation of entities just as you would do it through the AutoCAD user interface.
Following actions are available:
- Move entities from one point to another
- Mirror entities with reference to a mirror line and keep or delete the source entities
- Trim entities on the intersection points
- Rotate entities with reference to a base point and a rotation angle
Geometry Query Functions
FormulaCAD formula language has special functions for querying the geometry model and using the data for defining further rules.
Create AutoCAD geometry and BOM
- Each component definition results into an AutoCAD block
- Nested components will result into nested AutoCAD blocks
- Create geometry on the fly with "Test component" feature – FormulaCAD will instantaneously create geometry in the AutoCAD window as per defined rules
- Any BOM rules are also evaluated and BOM generated.
Examine the FormulaCAD run log
- Each run generated a run log which is detailed output of what parameters were calculated and what values were obtained
- Any error information and suggestions are also output leading to rich iterative workflow.